The Underwood Cultural Fair will take place on Wednesday, April 15th @ 4:30-6 pm. We are looking forward to a fun and enriching community-building event. We hope many families will participate in some way as we celebrate the cultures of the world and family connections to them. Even if your child chooses not to create a project, the larger community is invited to attend the event and learn about the various countries and topics that will be on display. Please contact any of the team members (listed below) planning this event should you have questions or would like to volunteer!
The Cultural Fair Committee seeks 18 parent volunteers for the following roles:
- Poster workshop (4/8 3:00-4:30pm) – volunteers to help students with their projects (research and assembling)
- Assembling passports (the week before, or could happen at the same time as the poster workshop): 1-3 people
- Day of Cultural Fair (4/15) – volunteers to help set up (3pm) and break down (6pm): 3-5 people for each time slot
All Underwood students are invited to attend on Wednesday, April 8th from 3:00 – 4:30pm at Underwood. Parents can attend, but are not required. We will have supplies and provide support to help students make posters. There will also be access to Underwood computers and printers. Please sign up here.
What is it?
The Underwood Cultural Fair will have projects from many cultures and countries displayed in a convention format. All families are invited to showcase projects on countries, cultures, and topics of interest. Topics may include geography, language, cuisine, sports, traditions, everyday life, music, plants and animals, etc. from any country or culture.
How do I sign up?
Please use the SignUp Genius link here to sign up to participate. Sign up by April 1st!
The signups are viewable by all participants, so feel free to partner with other families in your planning in order to offer a breadth of information about your country of choice. Students will learn where their project will be displayed prior to the April 15th event and students can bring their project to the school that afternoon.
Some ideas are listed below:
The Cultural Fair Team
- Elaine Harold, Interim Principal
- Greta Phillips, ELL Teacher
- Andy Gluck, Building Aide
- Allie Cipolla, Grade 2 Teacher
- Megan Murphy, Grade 5 Teacher
- Gabriella Sampieri, Grade 1 Teacher
- Anna Wheeler, Music Teacher
- FORJ Volunteers: Erika Holmberg & Elisa Rodriguez & Cristina Schulze