Overlook the PTO Board and Committee responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- PTO Meetings
- PTO Sponsored Principal’s Coffees
- PTO Board Meetings
- Fall, Winter and Spring Fundraisers
- Creative Arts and Sciences (CASC)
- Back to School Picnic
- Merchandise Sales
- PTO Newsletters
- Email blasts
- Flyers and kiosk
- Maintain family data/directory to share with Communications Officers
- Attend PTO Council meetings bi-monthly and meetings with the principal monthly
- Represent PTO at Kindergarten Orientation Night
- Create and overlook the PTO budget with the Treasurer
- Create Nominating Committee and PTO Slate of Officers
- Act as a liaison between the community, PTO Board, and Principal
Vice President of Fundraising:
- Oversee fundraising efforts;
- Develop recommended budget for fundraising events for PTO Annual Budget;
- Act as liaison between fundraising committees (i.e. Mystery Dinner, Spring Social, Spring Carnival) and the PTO Board;
- Coordinate scheduling of fundraising events;
- Evaluate effectiveness/value of fundraisers held;
- Research and recommend fundraising events/techniques.
The vice president(s) leads the organization and meetings in the absence of the co-presidents, acquaints new leaders with the PTO, ensures accurate record keeping, and works with the rest of the Board to maintain PTO bylaws.
- Compile newsletter; participate as part of newsletter committee (to determine publication schedule and proofread before publication);
- Learn mechanics of the PTO communications platform (shared responsibility with co-presidents) and assist co-presidents and committees with publicity of upcoming initiatives;
- Help to maintain/update the content of underwoodschoolpto.org;
- Assist with the compilation and publication of the School-Wide Directory.
- Maintain PTO meeting minutes;
- Maintain files/copies of all documentation;
- Oversee filings required with the Secretary of State’s Office;
- Handle Officers’ liability insurance.
- Manage payments and receipts;
- Oversee budget spreadsheet;
- Oversee bank accounts holding PTO funds;
- Oversee and communicate special funding requests;
- Maintain, prepare, and file necessary forms including tax returns.