Will you walk, roll, bike or bus this year? Choose what works for your family to celebrate International Walk to School Day this year! Held annually, this event joins together students from over 40 countries. Enjoy our walkable neighborhoods and say hello to the friendly crossing guards on your way to school on the 6th and every day. There will be stickers and bookmarks for the first 100 walkers/bikers/bus riders. Visit www.NewtonSafeRoutes for more information about walking, rolling, biking and taking the bus.
On Oct. 6 and every day, practice walking safetly with your family:
- remember that crossing guards are there to keep your family safe on the way to school.
- Help them by waiting at the curb and only crossing when instructed.
- cross carefully at intersections without guards
- use pedestrian signals and crosswalks
- contact the city, PTO, or Underwood’s SRTS representative (Alex Rolfe) with concerns about streets, sidewalks, or intersections