1. What is your name? Michelle Reddick
2. What is your role at Underwood? Metco Social worker
3. Where did you grow up? Newton, Massachusetts
4. What is your favorite Underwood tradition? My favorite tradition is to facilitate inclusive groups and to observe my students having open conversations about race and culture. Since the students in the group are young, there is an unspoken understanding that there is no right or wrong answer. Students learn so much from one another! It’s the best!
5. Do you have a favorite Spring activity? Going for walks with my puggle and bike rides with my family.
6. Please share one piece of advice with the Underwood community. Please be open in speaking with your children about race and culture. It’s ok not to have all the answers. When I don’t know something, I use those moments to simply say, “I don’t know. Why don’t we learn about it together?” And then I make it a teaching/learning moment.
7. What’s your favorite color? Purple
8. What’s your favorite thing to have for lunch? Tacos!