I love to make it. It’s just a very simple salad to make and is so refreshing in the summertime.
Source: I found it in REAL SIMPLE.
1 small shallot, finely chopped
5 Tbsp. Champagne
or white wine vinegar
1 3-lb. cantaloupe, peeled seeded and sliced
1 English cucumber, sliced
6 oz. of feta cheese. thinly sliced(about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced
7 Tbsp. olive oil divided
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- STIR shallots and vinegar in a small bowl and let stand for minutes.
- MEANWHILE, arrange cantaloupe and cucumber on a large platter and top with feta: set aside
- HEAT a grill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the ciabatta slices with 3 tablespoons of oil .Grill until charred on both sides
- WHISK teaspoon salt and remaining tablespoons of oil into the shallot -vinegar mixture.
- Drizzle over the salad. Top with basil,almonds,pepper and remaining. 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Serve with the grilled ciabatta.
YUMMY YUMMY and healthy too. 622 calories.