by: Ms. Harold (Interim Principal)
Discovered it while vacationing in California. Since then its been a family favorite.
Source: A friend made it or us. Do not know the origin.
Box of Carrot Cake mix
8 ounces cream cheese
¾ cup butter soften
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 ounces Cool Whip
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare the carrot cake and bake according to the package for a 9×12 cake.
- Allow the cake to cool and cut into cubes.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the utter and the cream cheese until the mixture is light and fluffy. (2-3 minutes).
- On low speed add the powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the vanilla and beat frosting for about 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip until completely mixed in.
- In a trifle or glass dish, alternate the cake, cream cheese mixture until the trifle dish is full.
- Can add canned pineapple and/or orange bits. (optional)
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Refrigerate until serving.