by: Ms. Paulsen (Behavior therapist)
This is a recipe that my family just recently tried for the first time. My sister and I made it together and it was delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Source: A friend of my mom’s gave us this recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter (melted and cooled slightly) or water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp cream or milk (as needed for consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and yogurt or sour cream. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring with a spoon just until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir the swirl ingredients together. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the top of the bread; then use a knife to swirl it a couple of times into the batter. (Don’t overmix it).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center tests done with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Make the glaze by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth, adding a dab of milk at a time until a good drizzling consistency is reached. When the bread is completely cool, drizzle the glaze.