by: Alan Ripp (Special Friday Principal's Helper)
Not being able to go to the grocery store every day like I used to, I looked for an easy recipe that used pantry staples and super tasty. I make it every 2 weeks now, it's that good!
Source: I found this on-line, searching for easy chicken chili - https://natashaskitchen.com/instant-pot-white-chicken-chili/
2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 2 thighs (frozen works great too)
15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
15 oz can white beans drained
1 medium onion chopped
15 oz can corn with juice
10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis with juice
1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
1 tsp chili powder or to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
8 oz package cream cheese cut into 6 pieces
- Place all of your ingredients into your pressure cooker
- Add 1/2 to 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, ranch packet. Stir everything to combine, getting some of the juice under the chicken to keep it from scorching.
- Cut cream cheese into 6 pieces and place over the top of chili. Cover and seal with lid, switch the valve to the "sealing" position and cook for 20 min on manual high pressure. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally depressurize for 10 min
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred apart with 2 forks. Stir everything together in the pot to melt the cream cheese into the chili then return the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- I add tortilla chips and sour cream – but you can add anything you like!