by: Mr. Gluck (Building Aide)
Grandma taught us how to make this when we were little! A family favorite for decades.
Head of garlic
Tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef (can substitute Beyond Meat or Impossible Meat)
Tablespoon dried Basil
Tablespoon dried Oregano
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 large cans tomato sauce
1 large can tomato paste
- In a deep pot, saute the garlic in the olive oil at a low temperature until it is a touch brown.
- Mix together beef, egg, breadcrumbs and all herbs/spices.
- Roll the mixture into meatball size balls and drop them in the pot one at a time.
- Once they are all in turn up heat to medium to fry and thoroughly cook meatballs (about 10 minutes). Stir constantly.
- Once the meat is cooked add tomato sauce and paste and turn heat to low.
- Let cook for an hour, stirring occasionally.