by: Mr. Hernandez (3rd Grade Teacher)
Our family needs to eat gluten-free because of an allergy. This is a fun, gluten-free cookie recipe that makes it easy for kids to help!
Source: New York Times
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup/200 grams granulated sugar
1 large egg
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 large egg.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls or scoop and drop, spaced evenly, onto a parchment- or foil-lined sheet tray.
- Use the tines of a fork to press each mound down, making a crosshatch pattern on the top of the cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
- Note: This recipe works best with traditional, not natural, peanut butter. If using a natural-style peanut butter, stir it well before proceeding with the recipe.)
- Variation: add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and lightly press cookie mounds down with your palm instead of a fork.