we have several openings for PTO board members next year, including Co-President, Treasurer, Communications VP, Newsletter Chair, and Community Building VP.
Treasurer (One Open Role) One-year term.
- Manage payments and receipts;
- Oversee budget spreadsheet;
- Oversee bank accounts holding PTO funds;
- Oversee and communicate special funding requests;
- Maintain, prepare, and file necessary forms including tax returns
Communications (Two Open Roles) One-year terms.
- Compile weekly newsletter; participate as part of newsletter committee (to determine publication schedule and proofread before publication);
- Liaison with various PTO and school contacts to gather news
- A working understanding of Mailchimp or similar email programs is required.
- Learn mechanics of the PTO communications platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp) and assist co-presidents and committees with the publicity of upcoming initiatives;
- Post to social media sites regularly, and interact with the community online;
- Maintain/update the content of underwoodschoolpto.org (working knowledge of WordPress. and HTML required);
- Assist with the compilation and publication of the School-Wide Directory;
- Coordinate Teacher Signage for back-to-school with Underwood Office and Signal Graphics.
Community Building (Two Open Roles) One-year terms.
This position oversees a variety of programs and activities to build bridges among all families within the Underwood community, including helping Underwood’s Boston families feel welcome. The VP of Community Building recruits volunteers and organizes various family events throughout the year to help families connect to each other.
- Oversee community-building event efforts (Welcome Back Picnic, Gingerbread House Decorating, Trivia Night, Movie Night, etc.);
- Develop a recommended budget for community-building events for PTO Annual Budget;
- Assist in recruitment of event committees (i.e. Movie Nights, Socials, Welcome Back Picnic)
- Act as liaison between community-building event committees and the PTO Board;
- Coordinate scheduling of community-building events;
- Evaluate the effectiveness/value of community-building events held;
- Research and recommend community-building events/techniques.
Co-President (One Open Role)Two-year Term
The Co-Presidents oversee all PTO Board and Committee responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- PTO Meetings
- PTO Sponsored Principal’s Coffees
- PTO Board Meetings
- Creative Arts and Sciences (CASC) Programming
- Back to School Picnic
- Merchandise Sales
- PTO Newsletters
- Email blasts
- Flyers and kiosk
- Maintain family data/directory to share with Communications Officers
- Attend PTO Council meetings bi-monthly and meetings with the principal monthly
- Represent PTO at Kindergarten Orientation Night
- Create and oversee the PTO budget with the Treasurer
- Create Nominating Committee and PTO Slate of Officers
- Act as a liaison between the community, PTO Board, and Principal
You can find out more here. We are looking to fill these positions by June, so if you have any interest please reach out to email@example.com. We are always happy to hear from you!