by: Ms. Melanson (3rd grade teacher)
This is a new chocolate chip cookie recipe I recently tried out while at home. I have been trying some plant-based inspired recipes and I found this one in a magazine! I was really inspired to find a plant-based chocolate chip cookie I enjoy because I love baking chocolate chip cookies with my mom! I have lots of special memories baking with her from when I was growing up. She has a super, top secret recipe for chocolate chip cookies that is the best! But this one is pretty good too!
Source: Good Housekeeping
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (dairy free)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (dairy free)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix with chocolate.
- In second bowl, break up brown sugar, making sure there are no lumps. Add granulated sugar, oil, water, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spoon out 1/4 cupfuls of dough into mounds. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake cookies until edges are golden brown, 10-13 minutes.
- Let cool before enjoying!