by: Miss L. (1st Grade Aide)
It’s special to my family because, we usually make this desert, when we have big family gatherings. We usually run out of this desert quickly because it is a family and kid favorite. I hope you enjoy as much as my family does!
Source: My Family’s Take on a Filipino tradition
6 pieces of ripe bananas or plantains, cut in half (lengthwise)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
12 pieces of spring roll wrapper
2 cups cooking oil
- Roll the banana on the sugar plate and ensure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the banana with sugar coating in the spring roll wrapper
- Fold and lock the spring roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
- In a pan, heat the oil and put in some sugar. Wait until the brown sugar floats
- Put-in the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on the wrapper
- Serve hot as a dessert or snack. Share and Enjoy!