by: Ms. Hull (4th Grade Teacher)
My son only likes cupcakes with chocolate frosting, so we make these half and half- half of the cupcakes get cream cheese frosting and the other half get chocolate frosting. Delicious either way!
Source: This recipe is our family's version of a recipe we found in the "America's Test Kitchen: How Can it Be Gluten Free" cookbook. We tweaked a few things to make it work for us. Hope you enjoy!
1.5 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
6 TBS vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 TBS red food coloring
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 -cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs, food coloring, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Whisk in flour mixture until the batter is thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, portion batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool for about 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over the top of cupcakes and serve!