by: The Vonnegut Family
Shea learned to make these on her own during out time at home! Muffins are best when served warm with butter!
Source: 100 Days of Real Food website
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or line muffin pan.
- In small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, use an electric whisk (or beat) cream the butter until smooth.
- Turn the speed down to low and slowly add in the egg, syrup, milk, and vanilla.
- With the speed still on low, slowly add in the flour, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Carefully fold in the raspberries until well combined.
- Add batter evenly to muffin cups. (Makes 12 muffins)
- Bake about 18-20 mins.