by: Nurse Carrie
This recipe has made my kids’ school cookbook rounds numerous times. In my humble observations they appear to be the most popular appetizer at potlucks and guests constantly ask for the recipe. The best part is they come out delicious no matter who makes them, even by those who don’t consider themselves good cooks!
Source: My mom, Carolyn Ford, better known as “Mimi.”
4 TBSP butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 & 3/4 sticks of Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese
2 pkg of frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed of excess water
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBSP of finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in 13″ X 9″ pan and place in oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, beat 3 eggs in a bowl; mix in the flour and milk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into the pan of melted butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting in to squares.