by: Ms. Cipolla (Second Grade Teacher)
During this period of quarantine, flour was hard to come by, and we had a lot of ripe bananas to use up! We decided to try out a few new recipes for flour-less banana bread, and this one was our favorite. Although the original recipe calls for nut/seed butter, and coconut palm sugar, we swapped in regular butter and sugar as that was what we had on hand. We also did not have baking soda, but did have baking powder, so if you also have the same predicament: modify the recipe by adding 2 tsp of baking powder (and no baking soda) for the same delicious creation!
Source: Amanda from Running With Spoons (https://www.runningwithspoons.com/flourless-chocolate-chip-banana-bread/)
Bananas (2, ripe, mashed)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread pan, or cover it with parchment paper if you prefer.
- Pour the oats into the blender, and blend until they are a fine powder (about 2 minutes).
- Put in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips, and blend until the mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Top with any extra available chocolate chips 🙂
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
*You can store this for a week or so in an airtight container, or freeze it for up to a few months!*