by: Luke, Laura, Lilah (grade 2), and Charlotte (K) Goldworm
When we went to Rome last year, cacio e pepe quickly became a family favorite. We ate it almost every meal! When we came home we started making it to remind us of our trip and now it is a weekly staple.
6 oz Pasta
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
3 T butter
a little more than 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cool pasta, drain, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking water .
- Melt 2 T of the butter in a large skillet and then add pepper and sauté, swirling the pan, for about 1 min.
- Add about 1/2 cup of cooling water to pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and remaining butter.
- Add Parmesan, and stir for a few minutes, until cheese melts and combines with liquid to form a smooth sauce on pasta.