Winter Walk & Roll Week, February 8-12, 2021
Newton is celebrating Winter Walk & Roll Week Feb 8-12. Participate in a
way that works for your family – walk to school, to a park, or around your
neighborhood or house.
Other ways to participate
- Decorate a paper boot and hang it in your window. Look for other boots on your walks.
- Play Winter Walk BINGO from Massachusetts Safe Routes to School or “I Spy”.
- Practice Walking like a Penguin, https://youtu.be/LHaWGibGwyk
Tips for Winter Walking
- Allow for extra time to get to your destination. Slow down and watch for ice.
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots. Remember your hat, gloves and mask to stay cozy.
- Dress in bright colors and add something reflective to be seen by drivers.
- Walk like a penguin. Arms out for balance, feet apart with toes out, bend your knees, small steps, lean forward to keep your center of gravity over your front leg.